Therapeutic Suction Cups, the Big Comeback! (Part 2)
This post is a continuation of Part 1 on Therapeutic Suction Cups, the Big Comeback! Lately, we have gone through:
– Suction Cup, the Big Comeback Thanks to the Stars
– Suction Cup Classifications
– Virtues of the Technique of the Suction Cups
We will now cover:
– Which Problems Benefit From the Suction Cups
– Undesirable Effect
– Suction Pads in Children
– The Suction Cup Is Painless
During a cupping therapy session, the practitioner will put suction cups on certain parts of the body. The suction cup is the generic word for small glass jars. They are heated, placed on the skin, and when the air in the cup cools down a vacuum is formed, and the whole thing stimulates the body: this is the effect of acupuncture. This action aims to make specific points on the body react to encourage it to carry out a natural healing process.
Cupping therapy is based on eliminating toxins from the body and boosting circulation while reducing stress and tension.
The application time is between 5 and 15 minutes, but it must be modulated according to the degree of tension inside the cupping. When the suction cup has taken effect, the skin becomes purplish-red, the faster the skin reddens, the more pronounced the therapeutic indication.
Another approach is “mobile” suction cups, using the cupping massage technique (cup is the English name for suction cups) for deep lymphatic drainage: toxins are evacuated towards the emunctories. Our organism is stimulated and produces leukocytes, agents of our immunity. A feeling of being regenerated, re-energized!
The practitioner moves the suction cups over the body. This technique is very effective in preventing premature aging of the skin and fighting against cellulite.
Which Problems Benefit From the Suction Cups
They have significant indications, thanks to their analgesic actions on pain, energetic in Chinese medicine, mechanical and circulatory by the decongestant phenomenon of an organ.
– In respiratory pathologies, bronchitis, asthma, etc.
– In all painful pathologies, depending on where the suction cup is placed, the triggered mechanism is different.
– In articular and muscular pathology, rheumatism, sciatic lumbo, gonarthrosis, periarthritis of the shoulder, sprain, tendinitis, the suction cups have an excellent indication: muscle relaxant, aches and pains.
It is also in functional visceral, digestive and gynecological pathologies, menstrual pain, menopause, and functional colopathy.
– Migraines, tension, headaches. Relieves pain and tension
– ENT pathologies.
– And even in dermatology: psoriasis, acne, eczema, allergies…. also helps to fight cellulite. Indeed, the suction cup would be even more effective than the palpate-roll to deeply treat orange peel skin and restore the skin’s suppleness and smoothness.
– Combined with other acupuncture and chiropractic techniques, this suction cup medicine boosts fertility and would considerably increase the chances of getting pregnant, especially when infertility is unexplained.
In general, there are no side effects, but you should take care in the following cases:
– Do not use on children under 4 years of age.
– Avoid during pregnancy on the abdomen and stomach or lower back. Otherwise, you can safely use the suction cups until the 7th month of gestation.
– Frail people
– People under treatment with anticoagulants
– Suspicion of hemorrhage
– Burns in general
– Open wounds and recent trauma.
Slight bruising may appear following the application of the suction pads. Usually, the ring mark and bruise will disappear in a few days to a week. At the end of the session, there is sometimes a short period of sensitivity to palpation. Blood pressure may drop in hypotensive subjects. These patients should not be discharged too soon after treatment.
Suction Pads in Children
In general, children respond well and are not afraid of treatment with suction cups.
The suction cups used in this case are smaller, and the suction is moderate.
The Suction Cup Is Painless
An intense vacuum will be generated, giving a simple traction sensation on the skin that rises in the suction cup.
The use of weak to medium suction is not unpleasant, and strong suction must remain below the pain threshold.
Can be repeated as long as the problem persists, even on marks still present from a previous session.
Thank you for staying posted on our new blog posts. Hope the posts from Part 1 till here would be of any help to you. Remember to leave your comments below and share these posts with your friends.