3 Delicious and Easy Pescetarian Recipes
A pescetarian diet is similar to a vegetarian diet except that it also includes fish or other seafood. That said, here are 3 delectable and simple recipes for pescetarians to ensure that you get a healthy dose of both vegetables and seafood.
Brown Butter Salmon with Tomatoes
The ingredients needed for this effortless recipe of just 15 minutes are:
- 4 thick salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the oven to 475°F.
- Put butter and a sprinkle of pepper and salt in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the foam diminishes, add the salmon with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the salmon sizzles and butter darkens.
- Scatter tomatoes around the salmon and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Let roast for 3 to 8 minutes until the salmon turns brown on top and serve with lemon wedges.
Grilled shrimps are tasty and can be prepared in just under 30 minutes!
All you need is:
- 1 pound of deveined and cleaned shrimps
- 4 tablespoons of pesto sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat
- Place the shrimps and pesto sauce in a bowl and stir until shrimp is well mixed with sauce
- Transfer the shrimps to the grill pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until shrimps turn pinkish and are curled.
You can either serve the shrimps on their own or add any greens of your choice!
If you have only 10 to 15 minutes for lunch, the classic Niçoise salad layered with tuna, fresh veggies, hard-boiled eggs, olives, and a vinaigrette is the dish you need!
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
- 1 ½ tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 fillet of anchovy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk, tearing up the anchovy fillet until emulsified.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 2 ounces of trimmed green beans
- 4 ounces of potatoes
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves torn into bite-size
- 10 niçoise olives
- Add the potatoes with a generous amount of salt and cover with cold water in a small saucepan.
- Boil over medium-high heat.
- Let cook for 5 to 8 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes and set aside to cool entirely.
- In the same saucepan, add water and green beans and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the beans and set aside to cool.
Once done, add your vinaigrette, place the green beans, lettuce, and diced tomatoes. Break up the tuna into small pieces, add small pieces of hard-boiled egg, potatoes, and niçoise olives. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Let us know which of these recipes you’ve tried in the comments below!